Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Playing in the pool

Since it has been so hot here for the past month or so, Katie and I have tried to get to the pool with the kiddos at least once a week. We are fortunate that my neighborhood has a pool, but it isn't free so it can be costly ($4 per person) to go too much. Katie and I shared a 20-pass booklet that she bought in the beginning of June and I had to buy another one this past Monday. It doesn't seem like we have gone that much, but I guess we have. It is a lot of work packing up the kiddos and all of our stuff (and packing lunch), but it is really nice to be outside in the refreshing water on these hot days.



I took this video a month ago and since then, Jake has become much more comfortable in the water. When we were in the baby pool this past Monday, he was jetting around in his float. He is able to move around the pool on his own and he doesn't really "need" me to help him out. He even wanted to walk around in the pool without his float, although he soon learned that it wasn't as easy as he thought it was going to be! (Don't worry, I didn't let him go under!)

I am really glad that he likes the water so much and he doesn't seem to be afraid of it. He doesn't mind if his face gets wet and he really likes to splash! Hopefully I will be able to get more video in the weeks to come so I can document his progress. He is such a joy to be around and I am so thankful that I get to spend everyday with him doing such fun things.

No comments: