Monday, September 6, 2010

Playground Fun

This past weekend we made a trip to Richmond. Our main reason for the visit was so Keith and I could go out to celebrate my birthday. We spent most of Saturday together - shopping, having an awesome dinner at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant, and just spending time together. My parents watched Jake for us and it was really nice to get away and have some time together.

On Sunday, Keith, Jacob and I took a walk to the playground in my parents' neighborhood. Jake had also visited the playground on Saturday afternoon with Mimi & Papa (my parents), but since he LOVES going for rides in the wagon, he certainly wasn't protesting visiting it again. It's so nice to have a playground that is within walking distance (it's about 1/2 mile away). And, the weather was really nice so we didn't get all sweaty just standing still.

Daddy pulled Jacob in the wagon so Mommy could take some pictures

Jacob goes straight to the swings.
He would swing all day if we let him!!

Happily being pushed on the swings by Daddy

Jacob loves to climb stairs these days
(and he's pretty good at it even though
we don't have any at our house!)

He loves to try to figure out how things work
so he loved this part of the playground

Walking through the tunnel -
he kept hitting his head because he was just a little too tall.
But he made it all the way through!

Enjoying the bounce of the suspension bridge

Having fun on the slide!
Jacob is kind of a "bruiser" and really isn't afraid of many things. He will try anything and go anywhere. I am both happy and a little scared about this. I am hoping that as he grows older he will learn when to be fearless and when to be cautious. For now, his personality makes for a lot of fun at the playground!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

LOL! I was just surfing, I thought, with my NEW reader... Whoo-hoo! Not knowing your last name I was reading your blog thinking you were just a random mom in Nebraska or someplace when I scrolled down and saw your picture. Haha! Quite a shock to see your face thinking I was snooping in a stranger's diary. Ha! I am now a subscriber! :)