Friday, October 8, 2010

My fearless little monkey

Jacob amazes me every day with the new things he can say and do. He is becoming more and more of a little boy and it seems like he is picking up new skills and abilities all the time!! He is probably just doing exactly what other 16 month olds are doing, but to me, it is amazing! :)

It didn't take him long (just a few days) to figure out how to climb up on his new playset. He was a little unsteady at first, but now he can go up both the steps and the ropes. He loves to climb on everything - I call him "my little monkey".

As you can see from this video, Jacob is also pretty fearless. Just when I thought he had the concept of depth perception figured out, he decides to just step off the ledge. I think he just wants to do whatever gets a rise out of Mommy! Ahhh...toddlerhood!

I taught him to go down the slide on his tummy (because he doesn't understand how to sit and slide yet!). He had done it a few times before I got the video camera out, but of course, once I start shooting video, he wants to just "walk" down the slide. Silly boy! As you can see, he thinks it is hysterical!!

(Sorry about the chiming noise that you hear at one point in the video. It is my cell phone - which was in my pocket - receiving a text message from my Mom!)

No comments: