Thursday, November 11, 2010

Counting 1-10....sort of

I have plans to do a post about Jacob turning 17 months old, but alas, like a lot of things I have "planned" to do lately, I haven't gotten to it yet. I did want to post this cute video that I took today!

It all started when we were on our way home from playgroup this morning. Jacob was "talking" away in the back seat when all of a sudden I heard him say what sounded like "six....seven...eight...ten". I was a little shocked as I had not heard him count before, and to be honest, that is not something we have really been working on. I asked him to repeat what he said and he said the exact same thing again. I asked him if he was counting and I said, "Let's count from the beginning...one..." and he said "two, three....mumble, mumble....six, seven, eight, ten!" Oh my gosh...my baby boy is counting!!! I was so excited.

Of course, when we got home, I had to try and get it on video!! After about eight attempts, I did get him to do it pretty well while the camera was rolling. Take a look. As you can see he tends to skip 1, 4, 5 & 9, but isn't he just so smart? :)

No comments: