Sunday, December 19, 2010

Objects in a book

Jacob loves reading books! So much so that I sometimes have to tell him to wait because he is constantly bringing them to me. I feel so bad turning him away when he looks up at me with those sweet eyes and says "Read book". But, I am usually doing something else that needs my immediate attention.

I try to read to him as often as I can and it is so awesome when he tries to climb up and sit on my lap while we read. I cherish those moments so much because I know that soon I will blink and he will be old enough to not want to sit on my lap anymore! Oh, that makes me so sad to think about!

Jacob's memory these days just amazes me!! He remembers things that I tell him one time. And he gets overjoyed when he knows that he is saying something or showing us something that we are really excited about.

He has a few books that are his favorites lately to point out objects in. One of them is the Slide and Find - Trucks that Aunt Katie gave him. He looks at that one so much that I have had to tape it back together. The other two are My Little Word Book & My Little Animal Book. I got them both second-hand for really cheap and I would highly recommend them to anyone with a toddler.

The other day we were looking at the Word Book and I got some cute video. It's kind of long (4 mins) but it makes me smile to watch him point out all of these things. The words and phrases that he is able to say and understand just seem to multiply every day. I just love this age!!

1 comment:

Navigating the Mothership said...

Go Jacob! That word book looks really great. I'll have to check all your recs out!