Monday, November 12, 2007

A Great Day

I realize my posts have been non-existent lately. Either one of two things has been happening - 1. nothing exciting is going on in my life and therefore I have nothing to post or 2. I have been so busy that I haven't had time to type anything. These have both been true over the last week.

My intention was to post something on Saturday and then the day just got away from me. Keith and I made a trip to Richmond on Saturday morning for another 1st anniversary present to ourselves (we have had a lot of celebratory adventures and our *real* anniversary isn't even here yet!). Anyways, since my massage at the Homestead didn't happen a few weekends ago, I decided to schedule some "Spa time" for Keith and me at my favorite spa in Richmond - Nesbit. I had $200 in gift cards that I had been saving up and hadn't used so I figured we could use them to get pampered and not have to spend any money. I booked us for the "Rekindle" package, which includes a 30 minute soak in a tub with complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries followed by side by side full body massages. The package is supposed to include 60 minute massages, but when I called two weeks ago they only had time for us to do 45 minute massages. They took $50 off of the price so I think it was well worth it and we didn't really miss the extra 15 minutes!

I must admit that I was a little worried that Keith wasn't going to enjoy this little adventure I had planned. He had never had a full body massage before and he never understood why I loved them so much. Well, now he knows! And, now he loves them too! :) It ended up being a great couple of hours with us spending relaxing time together.

After we finished at the spa, we drove back to Cville to get the house ready for our overnight visitors - Katie, Shaun and Pierce! Since they do not have cable, they came over to our house to watch the UVA-Miami football game that was on at 7:20pm. They decided to spend the night since the game was so late and they go to church on Sunday morning somewhat close to our house. Even though they only live about 20 minutes outside of Cville, it wouldn't have made sense for them to go home that late at night just to turn around and come back early the next morning. Plus, this way, they don't have to wake Pierce up and take him out in the cold night air. It was so much fun having them here with us. We had fun playing with Pierce before the game started, Katie made some very yummy chili for dinner, and the game ended up being awesome (if you are a UVA fan! 48-0!). All in all, it was a fantasticly fun and exciting day! A restful, relaxing and refreshing day filled with family, food and football - what could be better! :)

4 comments:

Mike said...

It doesn't get much better than family, food and football.

Speaking of football... only 11 more days until the SHOWDOWN!!!!!

:-)

Love you both.

Katie said...

Thanks so much for the hospitality. We really enjoyed ourselves. Can't wait to get together again soon.

Love you!

Karen said...

So glad you guys made it to Nesbit. We too have a $200 gift card and hope to use it after the little one pops out for the "rekindle" package! Looking forward to seeing you guys for Thanksgiving. Hope you have a fun safe trip to PA.

Love you both!

LiLi said...

Sounds like all the Stank girls had a great weekend! :) I'm glad you and Keith got to do something special together! That's so cool. So, what are you doing THIS weekend?