Sunday, October 19, 2008

Home Alone

This is the second weekend in a row that I have been home alone. Last weekend, Keith made a trip to PA to visit with his family and attend activites associated with Fort Ligonier Days, which is a festival in a town near where he grew up. I couldn't go because I had to work.

This time he left on Thursday to head north to Pittsburgh to meet up with a friend, and then they drove to Cincinnati on Friday. He was attending the LITA Forum in Cincy until today. He also had the opportunity to visit with his mom tonight - on his way back through Pittsburgh - and will return home tomorrow. Yippee!
Even though I have missed having Keith here, I did some pretty cool things this weekend while he was gone:

On Thursday & Friday nights, I went to Katie & Shaun's house and got to hang out with them and Pierce. On Thursday night, I babysat Pierce and on Friday, all three of us hung out. Katie was awesome and cooked for me both nights and I had a blast. Pierce is growing up so fast and I just love spending time with him. His words have gotten a lot clearer and he is so expressive when he tells stories. He had us laughing hysterically at the dinner table on Friday night.

On Saturday morning, I met Katie, Shaun & Pierce at Carter Mountain Orchard. I was only able to stay for about an hour, because I had to go to work, but in that short time we took a hayride, walked through the pumpkins (which Pierce just loved!), and had hot apple cider. After I left, they stayed and picked their own apples (14 lbs of them so I hear). It was really fun and the views from the top of the mountain were beautiful. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures, but Shaun took a good one of Pierce and me:

Katie posted some others on her blog. You can see them HERE.

Saturday afternoon/evening was spent hosting football recruits and their families before the game. Then, cheering the Cavaliers on as they defeated the UNC Tar Heels in OT! Honestly, it was not a very exciting game for us until the last 2 minutes, when we drove down the field to score a TD to tie the game. Then, in OT, our defense held UNC to a field goal and we were able to score a TD to win the game! The best part was that I was standing on the field behind the endzone for the last 2 minutes and the overtime. I had a birds eye view of the winning TD! It was awesome!!

After the game, I went out to dinner with a good friend and then spent the night at her house. We stayed up late talking and had a great time catching up.

This morning, after breakfast at her house, we went to Starbucks to get coffee and chat a bit more. Then, we went for a walk on the Saunders-Monticello Trail. It is a total of four miles and it was more walking than I had done in a long time. But it felt really good to get some exercise and it didn't even seem that far since we were talking the entire time! And, the leaves were so beautiful. I love this time of the year and it was great to be outside on a beautiful sunny Fall day.

After we finished our walk, I returned home. My afternoon & evening activities included watching football (Go Bills!! 5-1!), doing laundry, cleaning (just a little!), and making homemade chicken noodle soup. It has been a pretty relaxing day and I am glad that it is the last night that I have to spend alone.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Thanks for hanging out with us. We love being with you! And we missed Keith.
Love you!

Blakely said...

Sounds like a fun weekend...except for the whole UVA thing. Ha. Love you!!