Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Where have I been?

I have been out of the blogging world for quite awhile now. The main reason is that I have been so busy. It seems like I have not really had a spare moment in a long time. I have been either traveling, working, or hanging out with friends and family. There have been a lot of things going on in my life, but I have been either too busy or just too tired to actually sit down and post about all of them. It amazes me when I read blogs belonging to women with jobs, husbands, houses, and kids. Where do they find the time to do all of the daily necessities of life and still blog??!!

Here is a run-down of what has been going on and where I have been in the past few weeks:

Tuesday, Sept. 16th
~It was a sad day. We got word that my grandfather passed away. His funeral was going to be in Binghamton, NY on Monday, Sept. 22nd. (See my sister Karen's post HERE for a wonderful tribute to our Papa).

Saturday, Sept. 20th
~Keith and I left bour house at 8am, picked up my sister Katie, and headed to Richmond.
~Left my parents' house in Richmond around 10am. In my mom's minivan: Keith, me, Katie, Karen, Sierra, Mom, and Mike.
~Arrived in Binghamton, NY around 5pm.

Sunday, Sept. 21st
~Calling hours for my grandpa were 2pm-5pm.
~We saw a lot of family that we hadn't seen in a long time or that Keith had never met. It was good to see people, but sad for my grandma, my dad and his siblings.

Monday, Sept. 22nd
~ We were up early. Had to check out of the hotel and get breakfast before the family prayer time at 8:30am, funeral at 9:30am.
~ I did a reading at the funeral mass at the request of my grandmother. I was nervous, but got through it OK.
~There was a luncheon after the funeral and then we got back in the car to head home around 2:30pm.
~We drove back to Richmond - with many stops - arrived around 10pm.
~Drove from Richmond to C'ville. Dropped Katie off at her house. Arrived home around 11:30pm. Long day!!

Tuesday, Sept. 23rd
~Worked!
~Went out to dinner with folks from work. Quadruple date night (four couples) at the Melting Pot. Very good food and conversation, but we didn't get home until 11pm!

Wednesday, Sept. 24th
~Worked!
~Did Laundry!
~Packed for the wedding weekend! Bridesmaid dress...check! Rehearsal dinner outfit....check! 10 pairs of shoes (no joke)...check! I couldn't decide which ones I wanted to wear!!

Thursday, Sept. 25th
~Worked!
~After work, we had to go to the mall to find Keith something to wear. He realized on Wednesday night (yes, one day before we were leaving!!), that he didn't have anything to wear to the wedding. Luckily, we found a suit that was nice with pants that didn't need to be hemmed.
~Drove to Blacksburg - in the pouring rain!! Arrived at the hotel around 9pm.
~Hung out and had drinks in the hotel lounge with extended family. In bed around midnight.

Friday, Sept. 26th
~Bridesmaid stuff starting at 9am: Starbucks breakfast, nail salon pampering, and a luncheon. Fun times!! Here are pictures from the nail salon:

The bride, the maid of honor and her mom getting pedicures
Three lovely bridesmaids getting pedicures

~Back to the hotel for some rest. I had planned to take a nap, but didn't get to sleep at all - I was too busy catching up on emails & blogs and talking to my husband. Also, got to spend some quality time with Pierce. He is so darn cute!!
~Rehearsal at 5:30pm. Dinner afterwards. Party after that. We got to see a lot of family and friends who had come from out of town.
~In bed around midnight.

Saturday, Sept. 27th
~Mike & Blakely's wedding day!! :-)
~Went to the hair salon at 10am (with a stop at Starbuck s on the way). Here are some pics:The lovely bride with her hair done
Karen and meBlakely getting her make-up doneSisters with our hair done (albeit without make-up and looking a little tired!)

~Went to Blakely's parents' house after the hair salon to have lunch and get dressed for the wedding.
~In the limo at 2:30pm. Went to the VT Alumni Center for pictures. Then, on to the church.
~It was a beautiful wedding ceremony!! We are so excited to have Blakely "officially" join our family.
~The reception followed with exceptional food and lots of dancing. A great time was had by all!
~At 11pm, after Mike & Blakely exited the reception, a bunch of us went out to the parking lot to decorate their car. It looked awesome!!!

Here are some pictures from the day:

Blakely with her three of her best friends - these girls were a hoot!
"Sisters" - right before walking down the aisleMike watching his bride walk down the aisle

Parents
The whole gang
Pierce and me at the receptionMe and my hubbyMike's car....
"Just Married"

Sunday, Sept. 28th
~Blakely's parents hosted a brunch at their house. It was a great way to spend more time with the happy couple and with family that had traveled from out of town.
~The "Stank family men" smoked cigars in memory of Papa:

~Keith and I left Blacksburg around 3pm. Stopped in Waynesboro to meet up with some friends for dinner (they were here visiting from their home in Toronto).
~Arrived home around 9pm. Unpacked and went to bed!

So, as you can see, we have been just a little bit busy the past few weeks! Unfortunately, October is just as busy! We have a lot going on this month and I will try to blog periodically so that my next post is not super long like this one!!

No comments: