Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas cookies

I love to bake, but I don't get the opportunity to do it very often. Every year, at Christmastime, I look forward to baking a variety of cookies for our families. I started this tradition in 2005 and was able to do it again in 2006, but couldn't do it last year because we had to leave for the Gator Bowl.

This year, today was my baking day. It was about 5 hours of kitchen craziness but all went well, except for one thing: my gingerbread men dough was way too crumbly and couldn't be used (the recipe said that it needed to be refrigerated for at least 3 hours. When I took it out of the refrigerator, it was not useable). Bummer, since Keith had requested those specifically and he was really looking forward to them.

Here are some pictures I took during my "baking extravaganza" today:

Keith and I went to Kroger last night to get the necessary supplies

"Cracker candy" - so easy and so good!

"Macaroons" - one of my favs

" Chocolate mint snow-tops" - YUM

"Peanut Butter Blossoms" - a family favorite

"White chocolate raspberry" - these are Keith's favorites

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow they all look great. All I managed to do so far are several loaves of cranberry bread, which I gave to friends. Hope to make a few more and some candy for a New Year's Eve party.
Made a Paula Deen trifle for a party last week. I called it a heart attack in a bowl. It was yummy, but very rich and we could eat only a spoonful!

Mattigan said...

I will take two of each! Well 4 of the WhiteChocRas and 2 of the rest!