Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye, Nana

On Monday afternoon, my dad received a phone call from his sister saying that my grandmother (his mother) was not feeling well and was taken to the hospital. Less then 5 hours later, another phone call came to say that she had just suffered a massive heart attack and massive stroke. Because she had a DNR on file, we all knew that she would most likely not make it through the night.  She died sometime around 3am yesterday morning.

The sadness that we are feeling here on earth is mixed with happiness that she is now reunited with my grandfather, who passed away just three months ago in September.  We are all shocked and saddened to have to say goodbye so soon to Nana (as we Stank kids always called her), but I know that she and Papa are now happy and healthy in heaven and celebrating this New Year's Eve together with Jesus.

Here is a picture of Nana with all of her children.  This picture was taken the day after my brother, Mike's wedding (just two weeks after my grandpa passed away).  We'll miss you Nana!


My sister, Karen, wrote an excellent post about my grandmother on her blog. Click HERE to see it.

No comments: