Thursday, January 8, 2009

15 week checkup

Yesterday, I went to see my OB for my monthly checkup. I will be 16 weeks pregnant tomorrow so I am at a point in my pregnancy where I go to the doctor once per month. The last time I saw the doctor was for our ultrasound in the beginning of December. I remember thinking that it was going to be such a long time until my next appointment, but now it has come and gone. With the holidays and all that we had going on, that time sure did fly by!

This particular appointment was nothing special. They took my blood pressure and I gave a urine sample. Both were normal. Dr. Wamoff listened to the baby's heartbeat - which was loud and clear! And, we talked about how things were going, how I was feeling and any questions or concerns that I had. Thankfully, I am doing really well and she was very happy with how everything looks.

As we were walking out of the room, she turned around and said that she almost forgot to tell me how proud she was of me because I only gained 3 lbs! She said that was very good, especially during the holidays. (Of course, I know that 3 lbs is normal during your first trimester AND I already have extra weight so I won't need to gain as much as a "normal" sized woman, but it was still nice to hear someone say that I hadn't gained too much weight!)

My next prenatal appointment is in four weeks and the "big one" (where we find out the baby's gender) is on February 16th. It seems like that is so far away, but I know it will be here before I know it. I am really excited about all of the amazing things that are happening inside of me and I can't wait to see what the future holds.

4 comments:

Blakely said...

Glad everything went well!! Can't wait to see you tonight! Love you guys!

Jill said...

Love hearing about it! Feel good!
Jill

Jen said...

February 16 is Mia's half-birthday. Another reason this little one is going to be a girl! ;)

Katie said...

So happy that everything is going well! Can't wait to find out whether I'll have a new niece or my first nephew! Either way, it's a wonderful blessing! :)
Love you!