Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I need more time!

I had this idea of what it would be like to stay home all day with my child. I envisioned the perfectly cleaned house that I would keep, the laundry that would never pile up, and the hours of time that I would have to play with my child, update my blog, be on facebook, work in the yard, go for walks, talk on the phone, and whatever else I wanted to do. It would be awesome!!

Well, truth be told, it is awesome! I love being at home with my kiddo and I can't imagine not being with him every day! I love that I not on a schedule most days and that I can stay in my pajamas until noon or not shower all day, if I am just hanging around the house. I can grocery shop during the day when the lines aren't as long. I can go to my sisters' house and hang out with her and my nephew. I can sit on the front porch and enjoy the warm summer weather. I usually can have dinner on the table around the time Keith gets home.

But, it is certainly not what I had thought it would be! My "to-do" list never gets completed - actually, I am lucky if I get one or two things crossed off of it! I am WAY behind on blogging about the goings-on in our life. The weeds in the front and side gardens are growing bigger and bigger by the day (and the ones that are growing up between the sidewalk cracks still haven't been pulled up!). My grandmother called two days ago and I still haven't called her back! I am just amazed at how fast the days fly by and this summer has come and gone in (what seems to be) a blink of an eye. I need more time in the day!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

It is harder with a newborn who is so dependent, but if you have any of my genes, sorry, but it never gets better. I fill up every day with so many things. I thought the same about retirement and I still have more to do than I can hope to accomplish. At least we are not bored!