Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cousins

Last night Katie, Pierce and Reid came over to our house for dinner. Keith was seeing a movie with a friend and Shaun was working late so it was a great night for us to get together.

When they arrived - and while we ate - Jacob was napping. As soon as I mentioned that I should probably wake him up so that he didn't go to bed for the night too late, Pierce jumped up and said "I am going to go with you". He was so excited to see Jacob! Together, we went into Jacob's room. Pierce was standing on the ottoman so that he could see into the crib when we woke him up. Luckily Jacob is usually pretty happy when he wakes up, even if we have to wake him. When Jacob looked up and saw Pierce, he smiled at him. It was so precious.

Then Pierce said, "I want to hold him". He was really excited to hold Jacob and was really cute interacting with him. He was talking to him and saying "He is looking at me". They both seemed to be enjoying each other's company. They even watched a bit of a "Berenstain Bears" movie together.


When Jacob was sleeping, Pierce noticed one of his toys on the coffee table. It is a teething ring that has water in it. Pierce saw the water and said "It has water in it". I explained to him that it is for Jacob to chew on because it helps his gums. His next question, of course, was "What gums?" and I told him that Jacob doesn't have any teeth but he has gums that get sore when his teeth are growing.

Well, once Jacob got up and Pierce was holding him he said that he wanted to give Jacob his toy. When I handed it to him, he immediately put the water part in Jacob's mouth. It was too cute to see him holding the teething ring for Jacob.


Later, while I was feeding Jacob, I asked Pierce if he loved his baby brother. He said, "Yes, but I love this baby too" (as he patted Jacob on the head). He is such a good "big cousin" and such a loving little boy! I look forward to seeing them interact more and more as Jacob grows up!

No comments: