Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Standing

Jacob's standing ability has increased exponentially in the past few days. Just last week, he wasn't really interested in standing on his own and today he looked like this...


He was so proud to be standing up on his own playing with the Leap Frog learning table that we borrowed from the Arnolds. Don't you love how he's on his tiptoes?

Then this afternoon, when I put him in the crib for his nap, I looked at the video monitor and I could not believe what I saw...



I have seen him try to pull-up in the crib - and I even took the bumper out for one day last week because I thought he was using it to stand up. Well, now he just pulls himself up and peers over the side of the crib like a big boy.

And, even though it wasn't appropriate, in addition to grabbing the camera when I saw him standing up, I also shot this video. [Sorry it is so dark but I didn't want to turn the light on since he was supposed to be sleeping! Hopefully you can see what he is doing.]



Thankfully, after about 30 minutes of trying to stand up, he tired himself out and slept for almost 3 hours!! Oh my gosh!! My baby boy is growing up! It's exciting and scary all at the same time.

1 comment:

Karen said...

So cute!! Thought you might want to invest in this....

http://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Teether-Convertible-Cover-Ivory/dp/B001D20K40/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1271016654&sr=8-1

Stacy has used these with Grace and they look nice and really work well (from what I could tell last time I was at their house).

Love you!