Monday, May 10, 2010

Celebrating my first Mother's Day

Anyone that knows me well knows that I have longed for many years to be a Mom. It has been one of my life-long goals for as long as I can remember. And, I have always hoped to be able to stay home with my child(ren) as my Mom did when we were growing up. She was (and still is!) such a wonderful example to me and I can never thank her enough for all the time, energy & love she has given me over the years. I always wanted to be able to be a great Mom just like she is!

Over the last ten years or so, whenever I was interviewing for a job, I would always have to stop for a moment when the interviewer would ask the popular question, "Where do you see yourself in five years?" Obviously the answer he or she was looking for goes something like this: "I am a hard worker and I will use my determination and skills to better myself and this company every day. I can see myself working for this company for many, many years in whatever capacity it needs me to."

In my head, I knew that was the "correct" answer, but it my heart I would always want to say: "Frankly I am just working in this job until the day that I am blessed to find a wonderful man to marry. Then we'll have a child and I will quit this job so that I can be a Stay At Home Mom and have the job I have dreamed about my entire life." Of course, I never said that since back then I needed a paying job!

But then, one day back in October 2004, I did meet a wonderful man. In November 2006, we got married. And, almost a year ago, on June 7th, 2009, we welcomed Jacob into this world and I became a Mom! And these days, I am thoroughly enjoying my job as a SAHM! I am very fortunate to have a husband who sees the value in me not working outside the home and we have been blessed with a beautiful & healthy little boy.

Celebrating my first Mother's Day this past weekend was great! I was able to spend quality time with Keith and Jacob the entire weekend and also had some time to myself for a few hours. On Saturday, I went to the Sycamore Day Spa and had a one-hour full body massage and a spa pedicure. It was awesome - so relaxing and rejuvenating!

I also received these beautiful flowers that were delivered on Friday


and enjoyed a yummy frozen strawberry margarita with dinner at the local Mexican restaurant last night.


After our dinner, the three of us took a walk around the neighborhood. The weather was beautiful and it was nice to enjoy the outdoors with my favorite little guy.


Then, this morning when I woke up, there were two envelopes waiting for me on Jacob's high chair. Inside were a card from him & a gift certificate to the nail salon for me to get two predicures in the coming months! (He must like it when Mommy has pretty toenails!)


I also got a beautiful card from Keith hidden in a box of my favorite Dunkin Donuts.


Wow, was I spoiled this year or what?! I'd have to say that I am one lucky girl and my first Mother's Day was definitely a day that I will never forget!

1 comment:

Mom said...

You are an awesome mom and we love you. Thank you for giving us Jacob to love!