Monday, May 17, 2010

Standing Tall

Our little guy did something really awesome today!

It started a month or so ago when he started pulling up while holding on to something:

Then, just a few weeks ago, he started getting into a "semi standing" position in the middle of the floor (without holding on to anything):

and standing up, almost hands free:

Sometimes, in recent days, he would even try to let go, but he didn't have the balance and he would fall back onto his bottom. Then, today.....
While he was in the kitchen eating a snack (see the empty bowl and the puffs all over the floor?!), he saw his snack cup in the diaper bag so he leaned down to get it and then started to stand up. I saw him and thought "Oh my gosh...he is going to stand up without holding on to anything!" I grabbed the camera (I keep it pretty close to me these days for exactly this reason!) and I was super excited to get a picture of him standing up straight and tall without holding on!!! When I called his name, he turned and looked at me and knew that he was doing something really cool!
Way to go, Jacob! Mommy & Daddy are SO proud of you!! I'm sure more exciting times like this are sure to come soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It will be a busy summer for all for lots of reasons, running after a 1 year old, topping the list. I'm on Uncle Rich's computer.

LiLi said...

OH he's growing up SO FAST!!! :D way to go big boy!