Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One Year Old (a few months later...)

So, as of today, Jacob is almost 15 months old, but I found this old "One Year Old" post where I had uploaded pictures back in June. Just for documentation purposes, I thought I would post it - two months later!!

Jacob went for his 12-month checkup at the doctor on June 16th and she said that he was looking great! His weight was 22 lbs, 6 oz (45th percentile) and his height was 30 inches (50th percentile). His head circumference was in the 75th percentile so she was not concerned anymore about the shape or growth of his head. He got five shots, two in one leg and three in the other and he did great. Of course, he cried but he was quick to stop once I picked him up and cuddled him. We talked a bit about what he was eating and drinking and the doctor said that we could start him on whole milk (which I had already done about a month earlier). She thought his movements and language development was right on track and she even got to witness a bit of his temper (he hit me in the face when I told him he couldn't have something). She said that all of what he was doing was normal and that we were now entering into the "fun" stage of toddlerhood! His next checkup (15 months) is in September.

Jake loves the water! He moves around in his float really well and he even tries to walk in the water without it. He doesn't really mind getting water in his face and if he falls down and goes under, he comes back up and doesn't cry. I think he is going to be a fish in the water as he gets older.

I took this picture when we were in Pennsylvania visiting Keith's family. It was the weekend of Jacob's first birthday and Keith's cousin's son graduated from high school. We were at the restaurant for Ryan's graduation party and Jacob was having fun climbing up and under the table in the booths.

Right around Jake's first birthday, we started to brush his teeth. At that point, he had eight teeth and I felt bad that I hadn't started brushing them sooner. We are only brushing once a day, at night, although I realize that I should probably start doing it twice a day now. He really hasn't ever seemed to mind the brushing and actually does very well with it. Of course, we don't let him do the brushing, but I thought this picture of him holding the toothbrush was cute!

I have other pictures (and some video) from his two birthday parties (one in PA and one at our house), but I am going to do those in a separate post.

No comments: