Saturday, August 7, 2010

A super busy summer!

Wow! I just looked at my blog for the first time in a LONG time and I realized that I only made two posts in the month of July AND it's been almost a month since I posted! Really? Where did the time go?

We have been super busy and obviously this blog has taken a back seat. I am disappointed in myself because in addition to having a blog where people can see what's going on with us, I also like to use it as a journal of sorts. But, if I don't blog, obviously I won't be able to remember what happened.

So, here's a quick run-down of what's been happening with us in the past few months (in no particular order)....

1. I started a part-time job in May. I work from home about 8-12 hours a week as a Help Desk Engineer for a company called Mobile Insight. The work itself is not hard. The hard part is trying to juggle my SAHM job with my job that actually pays money. I don't really want to work, but since we need the extra money, it is a necessity right now. It is just extremely hard some days because I feel bad that Jacob isn't getting my full attention or I feel bad that I am not working more and making even more money or I feel bad because the kitchen floor didn't get washed or the laundry didn't get done. I am hoping to be able to find a better balance with all of this soon. Or maybe I'll just win the lottery and then life will be so much easier, right?! :)

2. I had a huge fiasco with my laptop over the past few weeks. The long story short is: my screen broke and Apple wanted $610 to fix it! So, I tried to do the less expensive route and order one online and install it myself (along with help from my brother-in-law, Brian). The first screen they sent me arrived cracked; the second screen arrived at my house while I was in Corolla so my mail carrier (who has become a friend of mine) overnighted it to me at the beach only for us to find out that it wasn't the right screen for my laptop! Oh and did I mention that I paid $30 both times for the company to overnight it to me? Yeah, and they are refusing to reimburse me for that shipping charge! Lovely!! Anyways, I finally decided to just send it off to iresq.com, which is the company that the Apple technician recommended to me in the first place. A week later of sending it in the mail to them and paying $400, now thankfully it has been fixed and I have it back. (Now I need a new battery, but that's definitely an easier - and less expensive - fix!!)

3. Jacob and I stay really busy during the week. We try to get out as much as possible to enjoy the nice weather (when it's not 100 degrees!) and visit with friends. We usually see Katie, Pierce & Reid at least once a week (and sometimes more). We have visited the pool every week, mostly one day per week, but sometimes two. Now that he is walking, he really likes to be outside so we play in the driveway or in the front yard. I am looking forward to cooler temperatures and Fall-like weather so we can spend even more time outside.

4. We went on our annual week-long summer vacation to Corolla, NC with the entire Stank family. My grandparents also went this year so there were 17 of us (12 adults and 5 kids) in one house. We had a blast! I really want to do an entire post about our trip, but with my recent track record, I won't make any promises!

5. Keith and I painted our front porch over July 4th weekend. He took a few extra days off of work and we got it done in three days (this included having to "fix" the mess I made while trying to power wash the porch rails before we painted them). Again, I am hoping to do a separate post about this because I have a ton of pictures I want to share (plus I want to document all the "fun" we had!). Hopefully that will happen before we need to paint it again!

Wow, it doesn't really sound like we have been that busy, but the days (and weeks and months!!) sure do fly by! I am very much enjoying life right now, but I just wish it would slow down!

No comments: