Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lots going on last week

I have been out of the blogging world for over a week now. It certainly hasn't been because I have nothing going on and nothing exciting to talk about. It's mostly because I was super busy the past week at work and in the evenings - something going on almost every night after work.

First, let me complain about the football office.....One of the recruiting admins left in February and they haven't replaced him yet so we are already one person short on the administrative staff (there are five of us when we are fully staffed). Then, last week the other recruiting admin went on a cruise so that left me as the only person who knows how to do most of the recruiting stuff (or at least I know how to do the few things that Roxann showed me before she left). Then, to make matters even worse, Coach Groh's administrative assistant was on vacation Wed-Fri last week. So, basically that left only two of us (and a temp that we have that is incredibly helpful -thank goodness!) to do the work of what five people normally do. Can you say Headache??!!

Fortunately (or unfortunately) I had lots of things planned for after work so I could only stay until 5pm most evenings. Here are a few highlights/information on what I did:

Monday - Bad me!! I skipped my WW meeting to spend time with my husband and then go get my nails done. Keith had originally thought he was done working on Monday nights (during the school year he has to work Monday nights 6-9pm at the Reference desk at the library). He thought the night-shift ended when school ended, but he found out last Monday morning that he actually DID have to work on Monday night. So...our planned evening of dinner and spending time together at home wasn't going to happen. We met for a few minutes between me getting out of work and him having to go back, and then I went to the nail salon and got my nails done. I really should have gone to my WW meeting, but hey, there is always next week (famous last words!!)

Tuesday - I was finally able to get my sister Katie to go to The Melting Pot with me for Ladies Night Out. The Melting Pot, for those of you who don't know, is a fondue restaurant that is pretty pricey (but in my opinion...worth the money!). I had been inviting Katie to go for about 4 months now (one day each month they have a "Ladies Night Out" where ladies can get the regularly priced $40 meal for $25.) Finally Katie was able to go this month so we went on Tuesday night and had a really great time. The food was excellent and we had fun gabbing and catching up. We never seem to run out of things to talk about and we have a great time when we get together. ***Thank you Shaun***


Wednesday - As I have blogged about before, I am very fortunate to get the opportunity to win free concert tickets to shows that come to the JPJ arena here in C'ville. Last week I was lucky AGAIN and won two tickets to see The Eagles in concert. Keith and I went on Wednesday night and had a blast. Unlike the Springsteen concert I was very disappointed with - click HERE for more info on that - I was very pleased at the number of Eagles songs that I recognized and was able to sing along to. The seats we had were great - right near the stage, but not too close - they were $150 per ticket and we got them for FREE!!! I think Keith would agree that it was an awesome concert and we are very blessed to get opportunities like these!!

Thursday - I didn't have anything planned for this evening so I stayed late at work - until 7:45pm so I could help the Recruiting Coordinator Coach get things ready for their 6:30am Friday meeting. Thankfully I didn't need to be there that early, so I was more than happy to stay late and help him out (I am much more of a night owl than an early bird so I would always prefer to stay late rather than come in early!!)

Friday - Keith and I left on Friday after work and headed north to southwest PA to spend the holiday weekend with his mom. We made a stop in Winchester, VA on the way up to get some dinner, dessert and do a little window shopping (Keith - books, Me - clothes). We didn't buy much but we spent a good amount of time there and so we didn't end up getting to his mom's apartment until after midnight. I had the luxury of being able to sleep on the way up but Keith did all of the driving. Needless to say, we were pretty tired when our heads hit the pillows sometime after 1am that night.

Saturday through Monday - see next post! :-)

1 comment:

Brian and Karen said...

Wow! You guys are BUSY!!!

I hope Marge is doing well. I am looking forward to hearing how your trip to PA went!

Can't wait to see you guys soon and yes, Brian does have some funky tan lines from being at the shooting range all day (wearing goggles) and working the strawberry festival on Sunday (sunglasses). :) They are funny, but he is soooo tan - I need to go to the pool to catch up to him! Our pool opens this weekend! I am excited! :)

Love you both,
Karen :)