Tuesday, May 13, 2008

So much to tell....

So much has been going on lately but I haven't had the time to post. So, here is a quick run-down of the happenings. (I'll elaborate on some of them later in the week when I have more time):

1. Keith's mom got the results of her bone scan on Friday and the doctors told her that she has cancer in both of her femur (thigh) bones and in one of her ribs. We believe they are going to do radiation now in addition to the chemo, but we are not completely sure what the treatment program will be. She has a meeting with her oncologist today so I'll have more info to report tomorrow.

2. Keith and I signed a contract on a house on Thursday!! So...pending a positive house inspection tomorrow, we will be home owners on June 19th!! We are really excited about finally owning our own home (and being closer to Katie, Shaun & Pierce)! The house is a 1500 ft. ranch with a full country porch and a two-car garage. It is located in Palmyra, VA in the Lake Monticello subdivision. I will post pictures of it at a later date.

3. Mom, Dad, Mike, Blakely, Keith and I made a whirlwind trip to Ft. Lauderdale, FL this weekend to celebrate my aunt Helen's 50th birthday party. Keith and I left C'ville on Thursday after work, drove to Richmond, met up with my parents and we all drove to Raleigh to meet up with Mike & Blakley. The six of us then flew from Raleigh to Florida on Friday morning and flew back on Sunday. It was a crazy couple of days, but we had SO much fun. It was so nice to see members of my dad's family that we don't see very often! The weather was HOT (in the upper 90s everyday) and we got to spend some time on the beach which was awesome. I will post pictures from the trip as soon as I can.

4. Unfortunately due to all of the above things, I have not been very good about my eating and exercising the past couple of weeks. Therefore, when I weighed in at Weight Watchers last night, I was up 4 lbs!! Eeek! Back to basics and trying to be better this week!

No comments: