Friday, June 20, 2008

Update

I am super exhausted from an absolute crazy day at work. Our football camp starts tomorrow (there are two separate one-day camps tomorrow and then we have a 4-day camp that runs Sunday-Wednesday). Thankfully once this is over, the "slow" period in the office begins - the coaches all go on vacation for a month and things get a lot quieter! Now don't get me wrong, I am super excited about football season starting (only 70 days until opening day!!). But I will definitely enjoy some down time in the month of July where we can clean up from the 2007-08 season and look forward to the 2008-09 season! Let me tell you...next Thursday cannot come quick enough!

I was lucky enough to get tomorrow off. I will basically be working 12 hour days on Sunday-Wednesday but tomorrow is PAINTING DAY! Woohoo! My parents and my sister Katie are meeting Keith and I at OUR NEW HOUSE tomorrow morning at 9am. We closed on the house yesterday and we are finally real true homeowners! Scary!!

We have picked out the colors that we are going to paint the bedrooms (that's all we are painting right now) - blue for the master, green for the guest, and yellow for the third bedroom (which we are hoping will become a nursery someday). I am really excited to paint tomorrow and I know that we are going to have a good time. I am taking my camera and my video camera so I'll be sure to post some pictures in the next few days.

Another thing that has happened is Keith's mom's chemo treatment. She had her next scheduled treatment yesterday and she seems to be doing very well. Keith talked to her both last night and then again today and she isn't having any signs of bad side effects. We hope and pray that this will continue and hopefully that nastyness she had last time was just a virus! Also, good news - her cancer markers went down from 14 to 11. She told Keith that she was disappointed because she wanted it to go down more, but the doctor told her that even if it had stayed the same, as long as it is not going up...that is great! So, praise the Lord on that one!!

Other than that, not much else to report. Between craziness at work and purging, organizing and packing most evenings, we have been pretty busy. We both have to work on Sunday so that is a day that we won't get much house stuff done. Right now our current house looks like a disaster zone - boxes (some empty, some full) and stuff everywhere. We are running out of room to put boxes as we fill them up, but now that we actually own the new house and have a key, we can start slowly moving things to it. I am counting down the days until July 3rd when we get to actually spend the night in our very first house! It's going to be a long two weeks but I am sure we'll survive.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Congratulations!!!! and wonderful news re Keith's Mom!
Love,Aunt Sharon

Karen said...

So glad Marge is doing great. I will be sending her another card and some pictures this week! :)

Glad to hear you are getting a break at work soon. I am sure you will need it with the big move to the new home!

The weekend to NY in July will be a nice relaxing time, I am sure (well, as relaxing as a trip to Rochester can be anyways). We can't wait to see you!

Also, still praying that the yellow room will indeed become a nursery soon.

Love you both,
Karen :)