Thursday, June 5, 2008

Weekend fun....

I realize this is a little late, but I just haven't had the time to post until now (I'll blog about what's been going on in the next post!). I wanted to be sure to post about my fun weekend last weekend since we enjoyed time with our nephew Pierce and I spent a good day with my friend Dee.

On Saturday morning, Katie brought Pierce over to spend the day and night with us. We had him on Saturday while Katie was at work for a few hours and Shaun was helping at their church. Before lunch on Saturday, Pierce and I went to our community pool for a little while. I assumed that he would only want to go into the baby pool, but after a few minutes of splashing around in the little pool, he was ready to go to the big pool. At one point, he pointed to the bog pool and said "water". I said, "We are already in the water", but he wasn't satisfied with that. So, we moved to the big pool where he enjoyed walking up and down the steps and jumping in. He certainly wasn't afraid of the water one bit and he even went under one time. I was teaching him to float on his back and he did a great job. He even put his head back, which I know from my days of teaching swim lessons, a lot of kids don't like to do. I am confident that he will be swimming around the pool in no time!!

Here are some pictures from our time at the pool:
Pierce in the baby pool
He was having fun splashing the water
He got his front side and face wet when he slipped in the baby pool, but he wasn't upset at all.
Doing a back float
Pierce and Aunt Kirsten - we had fun!!!

After the pool outing, we went home and had lunch and Pierce took a (very short) nap. Katie and Shaun left to go to Maryland for her friend's wedding and Pierce and I went to the playground. We had fun playing on the swings and slide. He loves being outside and is so easy-going and fun to be with. After our time at the playground, we had dinner, Pierce had a bath, we read stories and he went to bed. On Sunday, Katie came to pick him up around 9am to take him to church. I was glad that Katie and Shaun were able to get some "alone time" and attend the wedding without worrying about Pierce. And, we were able to spend some quality fun time with him. I told Katie she can drop him off anytime she needs a break. Luckily (for both of us), when we move into our house next month, we'll be MUCH closer and hopefully we'll be able to spend even more time together.

On Sunday, I drove to Northern VA and visited with my good friend Dee. She is going through some rough times these days so I was happy to be a distraction and spend some time catching up with her. We gabbed and gabbed for hours while we ate at a great Chinese restaurant, laid in the semi-sun at the pool, and hung out at her house. It was so good to see her and catch up on the happenings of our lives. She is hoping to move back to Richmond in the next few months, if she can get her townhouse sold. I can't promise that I will be able to see her any more often since we don't get to Richmond nearly as much, but I am glad that she will be closer!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks so much for helping us out. You are both such an awesome aunt and uncle to Pierce! So glad that you live close and we are able to spend so much time with you all. You are a blessing!
Love you.