Monday, July 27, 2009

On the road again....

We are headed out of town once again. This summer has been filled with numerous trips for us, and although I don't like being in the car, I am very much looking forward to visiting family & friends in the upcoming days.

We are leaving this morning to head to the Pittsburgh, PA area to visit with Keith's family. We are spending one night with them and then packing up and heading north to the Rochester, NY area to visit my extended family. I am really excited to see my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins and introduce Jacob to them. We lived to close to all of them for so many years, and now we usually only get to see them once or twice a year, if that.

We will also be making a trip to Niagara Falls on Wednesday to spend some time with our friends, Daryl & Ana, who used to live in Richmond. Daryl worked at the University of Richmond library with Keith and me and he was in our wedding. Ana's job transferred them to Toronto, Canada around the same time that we moved to Charlottesvile and we don't get to see them nearly enough! We are grateful that they are willing to meet us in Niagara Falls (since we can't travel into Canada because my passport isn't up to date and Jacob doesn't have one).

We are hoping for safe travels and many happy times on this trip. I am sure I will take a lot of pictures and hopefully will be able to share some of them when we return next week.

No comments: