Monday, July 6, 2009

Two Firsts

Jacob experienced two "firsts" recently.....Tummy Time & a "real" (not sponge) Bath! He did well with both and didn't fuss once.

He seemed to really enjoy the bath, after a little bit of shock when I placed him in the water. Previous to this, we were giving him a sponge bath since he still had his umbilical cord stump. I was surprised that it took almost 4 weeks for it to fall off, but finally last Wednesday a big part of it came off and then the rest came off yesterday. Here are a few pictures of him in the tub (he is really becoming a little chunker....I love his rolls on his arms and legs!!)




Tummy Time is something that I knew Jacob was going to love. He actually prefers that we hold him so that he is on his stomach - either with him draped over our shoulder or with him laying our our chest. He sleeps really well when he is on his stomach, but of course, we never put him on his stomach in his crib (even though we would all probably get more rest that way!)

He does really well with holding his head up, as you can see from these pictures:

Here Jacob is giving a "Fist Bump"....too cute!


I can't believe he is going to be one month old tomorrow. Time is flying by and he is growing up so fast. Everyone said that it would go fast so I am trying to relish every moment with him (even when he won't sleep at 3am!). Be on the lookout for a "One Month Old" post tomorrow where I will hightlight a few of his likes and dislikes and post a few more pictures.

2 comments:

Stacey Gringer said...

I love the bath pictures. He is such a great mix of you and Keith! I can't believe how big he is getting!

Sissy said...

Kirst- Jacob is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stinky cute I can't wait to meet him!!!!