Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bouncing

Jacob experienced a new thing yesterday....bouncing! Well, he didn't really bounce except for the times I moved him up and down just a little bit.

I decided to get the Jump Up exerciser out even though it says that babies should be 4 months old to use them. Jacob seems to have really good control of his head and neck and I wasn't going to let him use it without my supervision, so I thought it would be ok.

He wasn't really sure of it at first, but then he started to get used to it. Right now, I lowered it so that his feet just barely touch the floor. This way, he could get used to having his feet touching without any weight bearing down on his little legs.


This picture cracks me up! It's like he is saying "Hey Mom, Look at Me!"

I think over time he is really going to like this. I am excited that he is getting big enough to use more toys and things that will help him get stronger and stronger. I am going to borrow an Exersaucer from a friend of mine in the next few weeks, so we will see how he does with that.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Abby wasn't sure about her Jumpster and Exersaucer at first, too. Once Jacob realizes that he can move around in them, you'll have a hard time getting him out of them! :-)

LiLi said...

Do you even realize how beautiful your child is? WOW! I hope, if I have a girl... that little Macie will charm Jacobs socks off! ;) He is growing up too fast, I miss him.