Saturday, September 5, 2009

It's that time of year again!

It's that time of year again....FOOTBALL SEASON!! Anyone that knows me, knows how much I love football. And, for the past two years, my life has been wonderfully hectic at this time of year as I helped the Virginia Cavaliers football team prepare for the season. This sign was on the outside of my door and I thought that I had the best job that I could ever wish for:

On a night like tonight (a UVA home game), I would be sitting in this stadium with many other fans.

I must admit I am pretty sad that I am not involved with the team this year. I even got teary twice today thinking about how the season was starting and I was not there. It is stupid, I know. But, I really did like that job and I loved the game-day atmosphere, especially seeing it from "the inside".

Thankfully, just when I start to get depressed about this, all I have to do is look at this little guy:

And, I know that I now have the best job in the world. One that is shaping the mind & body of my sweet little boy:

And, I am reminded that jobs will come and go. But, days filled with this:
will not last very long.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, so true. You won't even believe how fast these days will fly by. Savor and enjoy - you've got the most important job on the planet! :)
Love you!