Thursday, July 17, 2008

You Might Be Rich!!

On an episode of Dateline this week, they talked about $30+ billion of "unclaimed property" that the government has. They were giving checks (mostly around $500) to all kinds of people from all walks of life. The resounding message from the episode was - "You Might Be Rich" and not even know it! It was a really interesting episode and the day after I saw it, I went online to see if anyone I knew could be one of those people!!

Interestingly, I did find my boss and one of the coaches that I work with on the website. I notified them both and hopefully they will be able to get whatever they have coming to them (maybe they'll even share a little with me....yeah, right! haha)

I tried to search for all the names I could think of, but if you want to search for yourself or someone you know (it's a huge timewaster, but so fun to see who you can find!).....go to www.missingmoney.com. Once you are at the website, you can search by name for individual states or for all states. GOOD LUCK!!

No comments: