Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Where have we been?

I realize that I have taken a blogging hiatus here lately. Not because I don't have things to post about, but because I honestly just haven't had the time. Here is a run-down of what we have been doing since my last post:

Sunday, June 22: Our 4-day Football Camp started....I worked 10am-11pm. Keith had a presentation to do for work - he worked 2pm-10pm also!! Long day!

Monday, June 23: More Football Camp.....I worked 7am-11pm! Keith worked on packing after his day at work.

Tuesday, June 24: More Football Camp....I worked another 17 hour day! Keith did another presentation, the same as on Sunday, so he was busy, busy, busy too!

Wednesday, June 25: Football Camp ended....only worked 8 hours. (Keith took the day off to pack up the house - he did a TREMENDOUS job! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband!)

When I got home, we packed up a few things and then headed to the new house to finish our paint job in the master bedroom (sorry for the delay on the story)....Keith and I stupidly didn't get enough paint when we first purchased it at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago. So....when my dad realized while we were painting that we were going to run out of paint for all of the rooms, but especially for the master bedroom, he offered to go get more. Since Wal-Mart is about 45 minutes (one-way!!) away from our new house AND since Lowe's is only 15 minutes away AND they say they will match any color paint, he decided to go there instead. Well, take it from me......take the time to go back to the place you originally bought the paint!! Needless to say, after Keith had painted half of a wall and part of another with the Lowe's paint, we realized that it was just a little bit different (but enough to notice it). So.....we went back to Wal-Mart later that night on our way back to the townhouse, and we went back to finish the job on Wednesday after work. It was a loooong process, but we finally finished it about 10pm! (Thank goodness the other bedroom colors matched and we didn't have to re-do either of those!)

Thursday, June 26: Worked our regular 8 hours, ran errands after work and got more packing done (both house packing for the move and suitcase packing for our weekend trip)!

Friday, June 27: Keith and I worked until noon, grabbed some lunch, took his car to the shop (the passenger side window wouldn't go up all the way!! Ugghh!) and then we left town to head to Asheville, NC for a 40th birthday bash for a good friend of Keith's. It is a 6.5 hour drive, so with a few stops, we arrived at their house at 8:30pm.

Saturday, June 28: In Asheville. Toured the Biltmore House and enjoyed some time with old friends.

(Note: while Keith and I were on our whirlwind weekend trip, my parents and my sister Katie went to our new house and "prepped it" for us to move in....they cleaned the carpets & the hardwood floors, cleaned all the windows & sills, mowed & trimmed the lawn, and power-washed the front porch & deck. I HAVE SUCH A WONDERFUL FAMILY AND KEITH AND I ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE THEM IN OUR LIVES. We cannot thank them enough for all of the help they have given us, over the past month, and really - for me - over the past 33 years!!)

Sunday, June 29: Drove back from Asheville....left at 1pm, made a few stops, and returned home exhausted at 10pm.

Monday, June 30 & Tuesday, July 1: Worked our regular 8am-5pm work hours and packed, packed, packed in the evening. We finished the downstairs area (living room, dining room, kitchen) and Keith got his bathroom and most of the two spare bedrooms done.

Today: I am at work right now (not REALLY working, as you can see...haha) and I am leaving at noon. Heading home to work on the rest of the packing - my bathroom, the spare bedroom & our bedroom closet, the laundry stuff, and everything associated with our bedroom. I am confident that we are going to be ready when the moving company pulls up with their big truck tomorrow morning at 8:30am. And I am excited to finally start living in our new house!!

I will post again after the move is complete (probably won't be until Saturday or Sunday). Until then.....here are some pictures from our painting day two weekends ago (sorry, it took so long to post them!):

Shaun & Pierce helped weed the front flower bed
(can you see the similarity....like father, like son!)
Pierce helped Uncle Keith sweep out the garage
Dad painting "the yellow room"
Mom painting "the green room" (she painted this entire room by herself.....she is AWESOME!)
Keith painting our master bedroom
Katie and I painting the yellow room closet
The Yellow Room is complete - great job Dad and Katie!
The Green room is complete - thanks Mom!
The Master Bedroom is almost done....
Can you see the different paint color on the wall??
The color on the left is the stuff from Lowe's....just a little bit too much red in it.

To see more pictures from our painting day, CLICK HERE to see some from Katie's blog.

4 comments:

LiLi said...

Congratulations!!! I hope all goes well tomorrow!!! :D Enjoy the new house! Wish I was there to help you. We'll be back from North Dakota soon!

Karen said...

Hope the move goes smoothly! Can't wait to see the new home.

Love you both,
Karen :)

Unknown said...

Kirst,
I see you guys work like we do and that all Parents from Peachey Road ROCK!!!! Boy does this look familiar but you are WAY better than I am because you already have your photos posted and shared. Maybe I'll get mine up by the end of the month :0 Congrats again!
L

LiLi said...

What happened to Shadow? I just saw your "update" on Facebook and it said RIP Shadow!?!