Wednesday, April 15, 2009

29 weeks & 5 days

I had a pre-natal appointment today.  It was a quick in-and-out....I love that the doctor's office gets me in so quickly! My appointment was at 9:10am and I was out of there by 9:30am!

I saw Dr. Culver, who is the last of the doctors that I had never seen before. Now I can go back to seeing my "regular" doc again (and hope that she is available the day I deliver!)

Dr. Culver was very nice and informative.  He talked to me about some symptoms that I am having - back pain, numbness in my fingertips, and sporadic low abdominal cramping. He assured me that these are all "normal" pregnancy symptoms and that, unfortunately, I would just have to deal with them for now.  

I also talked to him about this awful cough and cold that I have.  He said that there isn't any medication that he would advise that I take.  He said that it may be allergies, not just a cold (but I don't necessarily agree with him....seems like a cold to me!)  I am just hoping that it goes away soon!

Here are some of the "numbers" from today's appointment:
  • Weight gain = 2 lbs.  Total weight gain is now 15 lbs (good!)
  • Blood pressure = 122/80 (normal!)
  • Heartbeat = 145 (good!)
  • Measuring = 30 cm (close to where I actually am....30 weeks on Friday!)
I am starting to look more pregnant too, which I am enjoying (although things like bending over and putting socks on are becoming much more difficult!)  I am not comfortable posting a "belly shot" yet, but here is a picture that Keith took of me after church on Easter Sunday.  I don't necessarily think it is a very flattering picture, but it will at least give you an idea of what I am looking like these days:
I am definitely poking out higher, rather than lower.  Not sure what that means, if anything! Although the stretch marks that I spoke about previously are lower and are starting to "grow". I am guessing it will all even out in the next couple of weeks.

Not much longer now...only 10 weeks left!! :-)  My next pre-natal appointment is in two weeks on April 30th. That is also the day that I have my follow-up ultrasound so it will be a busy afternoon.

Thank you for all of your continued good thoughts and prayers as we continue on this journey! 

No comments: