Friday, October 16, 2009

Is it Fall or Winter?

Fall is my favorite time of year. Who doesn't love falling leaves, apple picking, pumpkins, and the crispness in the air? Well, unfortunately this year, so far, Fall has not been "crisp", it has been downright cold (except for last Friday when it was 80 degrees...that's a bit too warm!!)

Even though it is only October, the weather here in Charlottesville has been pretty crappy! The past few days it has been rainy and the highs have only been in the 40s....brrrr!

Since I had a summer baby, I am not the greatest at figuring out how to dress Jacob for cold weather. Luckily, we were given a really cute winter hat from one of Keith's co-workers.

On Wednesday night, Jacob donned the hat* as we were leaving Katie & Shaun's house. I personally think he looks really cute, but I am not super excited about having to bundle my baby up just yet.

*Note: Jacob also had blankets on him, although they can't be seen in this picture. I don't want anyone to think that I took my baby outside in 40 degree temeratures in just a hat!

Fortunately, the weather forecast is calling for an increase in temperatures and we will be getting back to "normal" around here next week - highs in the 60s! That's the Fall that I like to see!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love that hat! And looking at Jacob's face, you can tell he knows that he looks cute, too! :-)

We didn't take Abby out much last winter - mostly just doctor's appointments until she was 3 months old, then we added church and New Mom's Group. But I completely understand how you feel - you don't want Jacob to overheat, but you don't want him to freeze, either... Good rule of thumb that I got from a co-worker: dress yourself so that you're comfortable for the weather and then put baby in one more layer than that. The other great thing, which you mentioned in your post, is blankets. We always had a few of differing thicknesses, and then we adjusted them as necessary to keep Abby comfy.

I hope your weather starts to cooperate and give you a nice autumn soon! God bless!