Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The newest addition

The newest addition to the ever growing Stank family arrived yesterday. Katie gave birth to Reid Thomas Arnold at 2:32pm. He weighed in at 7lbs, 14oz and is 19 1/4 inches long. As you can see, he has a head full of dark hair (just like his brother, Pierce, did).

Even though Katie was 5 days past her due date and we were all getting very impatient, I believe the timing of his arrival was perfect. Katie did not want to be induced nor have an medical interventions (epidural, pain meds, c-section) and, thankfully, she was able to get through it just the way she wanted it to be.

(Side note: since I just had a baby 4 months ago and I feel like it was the WORST pain I have ever felt...and I only got to 5 cm dilated and had an epidural and a c-section....I give props to people like Katie who can go through the entire thing without any pain meds. Wow!!!)

We were able to meet Baby Reid last night at the hospital. It was definitely harder to be there with Jacob since he can't go past the check-in desk (they only allow siblings to be in the maternity rooms). I had to stay with him in the waiting area until Keith arrived and then we switched off. I finally got to hold Reid for just a minute before we needed to head home. Hopefully I will get a chance to see him again today, and if not, I am sure we will be spending some good quality time together once he comes home!

Here is a picture of my parents (Mimi & Papa) holding their newest grandson.

Even though I guessed that Katie was having a girl, I am super excited that Jacob and Reid are so close in age and will grow up together. I look forward to seeing them running around together (with Pierce as the ring leader, I am sure!).

Congrats to Shaun, Katie & Pierce! We love you and we can't wait to spend more time with all of you and your newest addition!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Thanks Krisren for posting....