Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bloggin' Ain't Easy!

Before I started a blog, I would be so disappointed when I checked my sisters' blogs 5 times a day and they hadn 't posted anything. I would think,"why aren't they posting something?! I look so forward to reading what they have to say. I can't believe they haven't posted something in 2 days!". And, now that I have decided to become "one of them", I am feeling the pressure!! For the past few days, I kept telling myself - you need to blog. But at the end of those days, when I was getting into my nice warm bed with my wonderful husband, I would think, "oh crap, another day and no blogging. I guess I'll do it tomorrow". So, here I am....it's now yesterday's tomorrow.

Here are a few random thoughts for this week:
  1. I LOVE fall weather. We finally had to put our heat on on Sunday and it's so nice to be in a warm cozy house. I know our electric bill is going to be higher now, but it's worth it. I would rather have cold weather than hot weather anyday! Bring on the snow!
  2. I LOVE my job. It is so refreshing to have a job that I look forward to going to everyday. Even when I wake up in my warm bed and I don't want to get up, it only takes me a few mintues to remember that I am going into an office filled with wonderful people and an atmosphere that makes me feel very happy and rewarded. (Go Wahoos!)
  3. I LOVE watching "The Biggest Loser" (I'm watching it right now!). The question is why do I like to so much? I don't know if it's because of the competition or the drama or seeing these people lose weight or to get ideas on weight loss and exercise. I do know one thing - I am super jealous of these people because they have personal trainers who tell them how to exercise and what to eat. And, they have nothing else to do but concentrate on losing weight. How do I get on this show???!!!
  4. I LOVE my family (and miss them a lot!). This past weekend, Keith and I went to the mountains for a weekend getaway to celebrate our one-year anniversary (see my next post for details about that trip). The rest of my immediate family members were all in Richmond for the weekend. I am glad that Keith and I went away, but I am extremely sad that I missed out on all the fun that happened in Richmond - the Brain Tumor walk, pumpkin carving, my mom's famous spaghetti dinner, Buffalo Bills football, and of course the chatter and laughter that occurs when all of the Stanks gather in one place! See my sister Karen's pictures for a glimpse into the weekend.
  5. I LOVE my husband. Even though we have both been so busy lately, Keith and I had some wonderful alone time this past weekend. He is such a sweet man with a big heart and I am so blessed to be his wife. I know that I don't show or tell him enough but I hope he knows how very much I love his generosity, his sense of humor and most importantly his love.

I hope you are all having a great week. I can't believe the month of November is almost here. It seems like 2007 just got here and now it is almost over. My advice for the week: Tell your friends and family that you love them every chance you get. Life is too short not to!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Hey girl, your last paragraph is a lot like mine on my blog. That is just too weird. I posted that right before I jumped over to see your blog. We miss you here in Richmond.

Tammy

Mattigan said...

*sigh* I miss you. And I love reading your blog! :D

LiLi said...

Before I get Matt in a LOT of trouble, that was ME, LISA leaving that above message! I did not realize I was signed in under his account! My bad! :D