Monday, October 22, 2007

The Homestead

Keith and I took a trip to The Homestead yesterday afternoon. For those of you who are not familiar with it, The Homestead is a golf, spa and ski resort in Hot Springs, VA (which is about 2 hours west of Charlottesville, in the beautiful Virginia mountains). The Homestead is considered a "luxury resort" and by the looks of it yesterday, I can see why! First of all, the place is huge and it has numerous ballroom-type rooms where special events can occur (for a STEEP price!). It also has a very large front porch, a beautiful entrance hallway, shops, a library, a lounge/bar, and a grandios dining room.

The reason for our trip was that Keith had made a reservation for us to have dinner as an early celebration of our one-year wedding anniversary. He did it as a surprise for me (although he has to tell me about it a few weeks ago because I am a bit of a nag when it comes to knowing what's going on). He had also booked a Hot Stone Massage for me but due to some timing issues (we were running late due to not giving ourselves enough time with the winding mountain roads), I was unable to get the massage. I was dissapointed but it all ended up working out great - instead we walked around the resort, sat in rocking chairs and enjoyed a cup of coffee on the front porch, watched some football in the lounge and had a wonderful dinner. It was a beautiful fall day and the leaves were full of color as we drove through the mountains. I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband who is caring and thoughtful and who enjoys sharing new experiences with me.


Here are a few pictures from our trip:



Keith and me before dinner One of the guest room buildings & the libary

The main building (can you see the massive front porch?)

The front lobby/entrance area

A small part of the Dining Room

Us at dinner

2 comments:

Mike said...

You guys are cute. I have heard great things about The Homestead. I'm glad it was an enjoyable Sunday together :) Hopefully this upcoming weekend will be just as relaxing/wonderful!

Love you both.

LiLi said...

Kirsten, Melinda and Rob go there EVERY YEAR on his company's dime, it's where they have their Christmas party, they even pay for the guest rooms for them to stay for the weekend! Can you imagine? Keith is a winner! :D I'm so glad you guys had a wonderful time!!! :D