Sunday, October 21, 2007

Time

Why is it that time seems to go so fast or so slow depending on the circumstances? It's interesting to think that a minute always equals 60 seconds yet a minute can go by so quickly or draaaag depending on whether we are waiting for something or running late. For example, last night Keith, my sister Katie and I were watching the Virginia vs. Maryland football game and time just seemed to fly by. For anyone that missed the game, Virginia had the ball with just a few minutes left in the game and they needed to score a touchdown to win. The game clock was moving one second at a time (just like it always does), but the time seemed to be moving extra fast and the players seemed to be moving extra slow! Fortunately, they scored with 16 seconds left and ended up winning the game by 1 point.

Now think about situations when you are waiting for something (or even worse....running on the treadmill!) and time seems to go so sloooooow. I don't know about you but 2 minutes never seems to last so long except when they are counting down on the the machine at the gym. Why is that? Does anyone have an answer?

5 comments:

Katie said...

So excited about the blog! Thanks so much for your hospitality on Saturday night and also for your help with Pierce yesterday morning. You are such a blessing!
Love you.

Brian and Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brian and Karen said...

Time goes by so slow when we are thinking about it. That was happening to me while listening to the last 2 minutes of the Bills game yesterday...ugh...so stressful!!!

Niffer said...

I love blogs! I think it is a good idea. I miss see you at St. M. I hope to see you soon.
~Jennifer

LiLi said...

Yippee I can comment now!!! :D I'm so glad you started a BLOG!!! :D


I had to wait until almost the last minute for the win for my fantasy football team! It was worth the wait!