Saturday, October 20, 2007

Starting a blog....

I have been thinking about starting a blog for some time now (well at least for the last week or so). My sisters both have blogs and I LOVE checking them. I even find myself looking at their friends' blogs....even if I don't know the people. I think it's cool to see what people are doing and see recent pictures of babies, families or outings that people have taken.

Some people I know (my Dad specifically) think that blogs are impersonal. He thinks it is just as easy to send out an individual email with pictures if you have something you want to tell or show your friends and family members. I do agree that blogging can make people more detached because then we don't have to necessarily talk to or see each other but we still know what is going on. For example, I haven't seen or talked to my sister Karen in over a month. But, thanks to her blog, I know what's happening in her life. In a perfect world, we would talk more often, but since we are both so busy and live 3 hours away from each other, it is nice to have the blog to keep me informed.

So, do blogs help us or hurt us? I guess the answer is both! Maybe they do make people talk less, but in reality I think they are also a tool that helps us keep in touch better!

Therefore, for the keeping in touch reason (and because I am just not good about sending out individual emails)....I am starting this blog so that I can share with my family and friends all the interesting things that Keith and I are doing. We don't have the most exciting lives, but I am hoping to be able to share information about our jobs, our friends and our families. Stay tuned.....the fun is just beginning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new blog! Welcome to the world of blogging! :) We have turned you into "one of them" :) Oh, and you can add Shaun to the "Anti" side with Dad. :)

Love you both.

Blakely said...

I'm so excited about your blog...I love coming home from work and checking them to see what you guys are up to!

I'm sad we'll be missing you this coming weekend in Richmond, but I hope you and Keith have a wonderful anniversary trip!

Take care and I hope to see you both soon.

xo