Monday, January 14, 2008

Feast or Famine

You know how that saying goes...."Be careful what you wish for"......well, I was sooooo busy just a few weeks ago and I remember thinking how much better it would be when the holidays and the Bowl game was over. Well, now all of that has come and gone and I am a bit bored at work! Not to say that there isn't always something to do - like filing or cleaning off my desk or organizing something. But, who likes to do those things? NOT ME! I now realize that I work much better (and enjoy it more) when it's crazy busy and I have a million things to do. It's strange but true.

The one good thing about not being busy (aside from there being a lot less stress) is that now I have time to go to the gym at lunchtime. During the season (basically from mid-August to the end of December) I worked through lunch - the football office had lunch delivered everyday so I would grab something out of the staff lounge and take it back to my desk and work and eat at the same time (and of course, it was never healthy food!). Now, since it's pretty quiet here, myself and a few of my co-workers have decided to start going to the gym at lunchtime. We are fortunate to be able to use the weight room that is downstairs in the same building where we work. The good part is that we have cardio machines, weight machines and trainers at our disposal. The bad part is that this is the weight room that the athletes all use so as my overweight butt is sweating on the eliptical machine, there are a bunch of buff football players and very-much-in shape female soccer players in the same room. :-) Part of me is motivated by watching them and the other part of me is mortified! HAHA

1 comment: