Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Katie!

Happy Birthday to my sister Katie. Her birthday was yesterday and we had a small celebration at her house last night.

It was hard for me to believe that she actually turned 29! Not that I think that is old - since I am 4 years older than her - but I have always thought of her as being in her mid-twenties. I guess the years have passed so quickly that we are all getting up there in age! Oh well.....my family always has fun celebrating birthdays no matter what age the person is!

My grandma made her famous deer soup for dinner (it was sooo good!) and Keith and I bought her a Princess Cake (what she asked for).

A princess cake (pictured below) is a Swedish cake made of sponge cake layered with bavarian cream and topped with marzipan, which is a thin layer of mostly sugar and ground almonds that is rolled out and placed on the cake as the "icing". A local bakery, the Albemarle Baking Company, makes them and they are very popular with Charlottesvillians (including Katie and Keith!)



Keith and I hope that 2008 is filled with much happiness and many blessings for Katie. She is truly a blessing in our lives and we have both enjoyed spending more time with her since we moved to Charlottesville! Happy Birthday Sis! We love you!

2 comments:

LiLi said...

The cake is SO pretty!!! I can't believe Katie is 29 either! I like the new look of your page! :D Miss ya! Mia would love for you to come hold her some more. She's currently curled up in her Daddy's arms, snoozing.

JRob said...

I will have to try that cake sometime... it sounds neat.