Sunday, March 29, 2009

27 weeks, 2 days....

Wow, I have not been very good about posting lately.  Lots of things are going on but I guess since we have been so busy, I haven't done much blogging.

Let's see if I can remember what has happened since my post from last week.  I guess the biggest thing to point out is that - oh my gosh!! - we have less than 90 days until Jacob is expected to arrive (and of course, it could be even less!).  I am so excited to think that in less than 3 months, he will be here.  I say it all the time, so I will say it again.....even though we have a lot of things to get done before his arrival, I can't wait!!!

Good news is that I think I have finally gotten my heartburn under control.  If I remember (yes, I forgot two times this week and boy did I pay for it!), I need to take one Zantac tablet in the morning before I eat anything.  Also, I need to take it with as little water as possible, not the "full glass of water" that is says to take it with on the box.  I read somewhere that heartburn is caused by stomach juices (yuck!) building up and moving upwards into your esophagus.  So, it only makes sense that drinking a lot of water can just add to the "juice" in your stomach and can cause additional discomfort. So far, the days that I have taken the pill in the morning have been pretty much heartburn-free.  I have woken up in the middle of the night with it a few times this past week, but for the most part it has been A LOT better than it was before.

Sleeping still remains a problem.  Last Tuesday night was the worst - I woke up twice to pee, had a really painful cramp in my calf muscle about 3am, and had heartburn!  Also, I just can't seem to get comfortable most nights as my arm/hands keep falling asleep, my hips/back hurt if I am not in the right position and I get really hot and have to tear off the covers in the middle of the night!  Keith is now baring the brunt of the "uncomfortableness" too because apparently I have started snoring the past two nights.  I know that I would snore every now and then before I was pregnant, but he says it is now constant and really loud!  I feel bad for him and certainly don't want his night to be disrupted too.  Of course, there is nothing that I can do about it.  I told him he should record it one night so I can hear what it sounds like!!

Another not-so-good thing I am experiencing these days is back pain.  It is a different kind of back pain than I have ever experienced. I have had lower back pain before but this is pain in my upper back, mostly on the right side.  It has been happening in the evenings, especially if I have been on my feet a lot during the day.  Not much helps it go away, although last night I asked Keith to rub it a little and that did help.  I am assuming this, like all the other symptoms, is going to get worse and I am not looking forward to it.

Lastly, another "great" (not really!) thing that happened this week happened yesterday. When I was getting out of the shower and drying off, I happened to look in the bathroom mirror and notice that I have some really awful looking reddish stretch marks starting to appear on my stomach. YUCK!  They are ugly and I can only imagine how bad they are going to look as my belly grows more and more.

A truly GREAT thing that did happen this week involves our furniture and Jacob's room.....more to come on that!

2 comments:

Karen said...

1) Stop talking to Katie...your baby could come LATE, you know!!!

2) Start rubbing on the cocoa butter! It might not help the marks, but it really helps the itching, which is soon to follow, I am sure.

Love you!!!
:)

Jill said...

I'll second the coco butter- Bath and Body has a great product called Mega Butter. It is in their spa line. I lathered it on ALL stretching parts- not just the belly, if you catch my drift, and it helped a ton!!! Definitely helped the itching, and I am fairly stretch mark free... so good luck!!
xo