Sunday, March 1, 2009

23 weeks pregnant!!

Well, I certainly haven't done a very good job of blogging this week.  I guess it is partly because nothing super exciting has happened and partly because I have been busy.  Work has been busy as we start to prepare for Spring Football and Keith and I have kept pretty busy doing who knows what!  It just seems like we are very rarely home these days!!

I am very excited to say that I am 23 weeks and 2 days prego today!! Wow....last week sure did fly by!  Nothing exciting has really happened with me or with our little bambino growing inside me. There have been a few times over the past couple of days where I think I have felt him moving inside me. Honestly, I am not really sure how to differentiate between his movements and gas.  I think I felt more of a "flutter" type thing this morning and I am assuming that is him and not just my stomach making noises.  I have been told that his movements will become more apparent to me over time, so I am just patiently waiting for that time to come!!

Yesterday was a big day for Keith and me - we went to BabiesRUs and started our baby registry. I must admit I didn't really know all that was going to be involved in this process. I knew that we needed to choose big things like our bedding set, pack and play, high chair, stroller, car seat, etc.  but I didn't realize all of the "little" things that we needed to pick out.  There are so many different kinds of bottles and blankets and bathtubs and breastfeeding accessories....it was a little overwhelming!!!  All in all though, it was a good experience!!  

We still have to decide on what crib and changing table we want to get.  We have a crib that we both like and I found a changing table that I like (Keith is less opinionated about it) but the problem is that they are made of different wood colors - the crib is Espresso and the changing table is Royal Cherry.  I have searched and searched for similar items that are the same color, but I haven't been able to find anything that I like.  We are planning to go back to BabiesRUs in the near future - possibly to the Richmond store (which is bigger than the store here) - so hopefully we can find something that matches well that we both like.

I am starting to wear more and more maternity clothes as my "regular" clothes just aren't fitting right. I haven't been able to wear regular pants for a few weeks now, but was trying to wear regular tops until this past week.  The problem is that the regular tops look tight and make me look like I am just fat (or that my clothes are too small) and the maternity tops are too big.  I guess in the long run, I would rather wear something that is too big with the hopes of "growing into it".  I am sure it won't be long before I am complaining that nothing fits and I feel huge!  Until then, I just seem to be wearing the same few shirts over and over again. Hopefully my co-workers aren't noticing! haha

I guess that is all that has really been going on.  I have another PT appointment this Wednesday afternoon & a regular monthly pre-natal visit on Thursday.  I will be sure to post about those towards the end of next week.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Aren't those first few flutters amazing?? I remember getting my first flutter in church, and I thought my stomach was growling! They definitely do become more pronounced. In fact, after the little guy starts kicking you in the ribs and dancing on your bladder, you'll look back fondly on those "little" flutters and anxiously ahead for those movements to take place on the outside, where there's more room for him to move... :-) Take care and stay well!

Karen said...

So glad to hear that things are going well. Can't wait to hear when you really feel some kicks! :) That's when it gets really fun! :)

Love you!
Hope to see you soon. :)