Sunday, March 22, 2009

Update...26 weeks & 2 days

This was another very busy week and by Friday, I was pretty much exhausted. I did not sleep well this week as I have been having some really crazy dreams and, of course, still waking up to pee at least once in the middle of the night.  I also had really bad heartburn all week and for the first time, I was woken up by it a couple of nights.  I called the doctor's office on Wednesday to find out what the nurse suggested I do to help the heartburn and she said that I should take the Xantac or Pepcid in the morning before I eat.  Previously I was taking it after the heartburn appeared - in the hopes of getting it to stop and not return - but that wasn't helping.  I followed the nurse's directions on Thursday, Friday and today and it worked!  I forgot to take it yesterday and right after breakfast, I had awful pain.  Needless to say, I won't forget again!!

Speaking of yesterday, the neighborhood that we live in was having a neighborhood-wide yard sale where individual homeowners could have yard sales and "advertise" in a flyer that was available to anyone that wanted it.  I thought it would be interesting to go out and see if I could find any baby clothes for Jacob. I was hoping that my sister Katie was going to be able to go with me, especially since I know she is always looking for good deals on clothes for Pierce. Unfortunately, she was not available to go, so I was on my own.  I don't have much experience with yard sales but I figured I would go to a few houses that were advertising baby/kids stuff specifically.  

I left the house around 8am, stopped at six different houses and returned home around 10:30am.  At one house, I paid $12 for 3 maternity tops, 2 nursing gowns, and two pairs of slip-on shoes that will help with my expanding feet! The second-to-last house I went to ended up being the best!  I was able to get two boxes of clothes for $20.  One box was 2T/24 month summer clothes for Pierce and the other was 6-9 month fall/winter clothes for Jacob. The box for Jacob contained 8 one-piece outfits, one footed outfit, 12 pairs of pants, 4 shirts & 2 hats. Not bad for $10, huh?  Here is a picture of all the cute clothes I got:

We are still slowly progressing on getting Jacob's room cleaned out.  We spent some time yesterday going through more stuff and today, we went to Lowe's and got some shelving for the garage. Hopefully Keith will be able to get the shelving up next weekend so we can organize all of the stuff that is in the garage that we have moved from inside the house.  We also bought another plastic bin at today so some of the things that I don't want to throw away - like some knickknacks, pictures and stuff from our wedding - can go down in the crawl space. I think we are definitely making progress but we need to get it all done soon because the best news of the week is that OUR FURNITURE IS READY FOR PICKUP!!!

Like I said in my last post, my parents graciously offered to buy us a crib and changing table. Then, last Sunday, my mom called to say that my grandma, aunts and a few cousins that live in Rochester wanted to all go in together and buy us the dresser and bookcase that matched.  Of course, we were overjoyed! Keith and I feel so blessed to have such wonderfully giving people in our lives. On Friday, my mom called to say that JCPenney had contacted her to say that the stuff she ordered was in.  I called the store and found out that all four pieces are in!!  Keith and I are going to pick them up tomorrow and Tuesday (since it will take two separate trips to get everything to our house).  And, hopefully we can finish getting everything out of Jacob's room so that next weekend, we can start putting the furniture together. YAY!! I will be sure to post pictures of the nursery as it starts to come together.

1 comment:

Kristina H. said...

Such exciting times!!! It's wonderful to hear how much you're enjoying the preparation for this sweet baby's arrival. :)