Monday, March 2, 2009

March came in like a lion....

This past week, when the weather people were forecasting a "big" snowstorm for our area, Keith and I both said what we always say...."We will believe it when we see it".  Well, this time they were actually right (which doesn't seem to happen very often!).

Yesterday, the snow started falling slowly around 3pm and by 5pm, there was a light white dusting on the ground - probably about an inch.  They were calling for 4-7 inches total in our area, but Keith and I were still a bit skeptical.  When we went to bed last night around 11pm, the snow probably amounted to 2-3 inches. 

When we woke up this morning, we were pleasantly surprised to see that we had gotten 6-8 inches!!  Keith instantly wanted to go out and take a walk in it (he LOVES snow & cold!!).  After much urging by him and a lot of complaining from me, I decided to go out with him.  I must admit, it was nice to walk around the neighborhood (except for the wind in our face on the way back).  It was really peaceful walking on roads that not many cars had driven down - we actually walked down the middle of the road using the tire tracks so we didn't have to wade through the piled up snow on the side of the road.  I think we were only passed by 2 or 3 cars the entire time we were out there - which was probably about 45 minutes.  

Unfortunately, even though it is Spring Break for the students, the University did not close. Lucky for me, my boss said not to try to come in since the coaches are all on vacation. Keith was not so lucky since the library was open. He is also scheduled to work on the Reference desk tonight until 9pm.  He didn't leave until about 11am, but he did go in.  He ended up having to take my car because he couldn't get his out of the driveway - it got stuck and the wheels were spinning when he tried!  What an eventful day!!

Here are some pictures that we took while we were outside:

Our house from the end of the driveway

A picture of us upon our return from the walk

Me in front of the house.  
I was tempted to make a snow angel, but I decided against it!

Keith even took his morning cup of coffee along with him.

2 comments:

Karen said...

As much as I dislike snow (at least dealing with all the crazy Southerns when it snows), I certainly was envious of Keith with his hot coffee in the winter wonderland. Just wait till Jacob arrives, snow and sledding will be so fun. I can't wait till next winter when we are in NY and Sierra is bigger, just for that exact reason! :) Enjoy the snow while it lasts! Love you both!

Mike said...

Wow -- looks like you kids got a lot of snow. We got about 2-3" here. It's still hanging around, but only because it's COLD out. I think they said the low tonight is 12! Yikes! Hope all is well. Stay safe.

Love ya'll.