Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jacob Michael has arrived!

Jacob Michael was born on Sunday, June 7th at 5:30am. I had to have him via C-section and I will post his birth story once we are home from the hospital and I can gather my thoughts. Right now, Keith and I are learning the ins and outs of being parents. It is certainly not an easy transition (especially when Jacob decided to come 3 weeks early - a shock to many of us - especially Keith and me!). We are taking it one day at a time right now and are trying to learn as much as we can from the doctors and nurses here.

For some reason, I can't get pictures to load, so those will have to wait. I will try again tomorrow when I am more awake (hopefully).

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Can't wait to see more pictures of your cute little guy! Congrats, and God bless!

Kristina H. said...

So thrilled for you! The pictures on facebook are wonderful. What a blessing Jacob is - and SOOOO adorable!! I know it may be overwhelming, especially with his early arrival, but remember the verse: "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11. As a type-A planner, I need to read this verse often. :) Enjoy these early days with your new baby.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kirsten! Congrats! My middle son was 3 weeks early too, so I can understand your surprise! Just take things slow and enjoy being a new Mommy! Time flies very quickly, so when you are holding that baby even during one of those middle of the night feedings just remember that soon he will be running around, and talking and you will wonder where the time went! You look great! Love, Amy Conner Zatlukal