Sunday, June 14, 2009

Surprise delivery

Yesterday morning, I came out of the baby's room after nursing him and Keith said, "you got flowers".  I didn't even hear the doorbell ring, but apparently a delivery man came and dropped off these two beautiful things:

The bouquet on the left is from the staff at the library where Keith works.  I can't say enough about his wonderful co-workers.  They have been so generous to Keith and me - throwing us a shower, sending us flowers, and of course the most important is that they are so supportive of Keith taking time off to take care of me & spend time with Jacob. He has been given six weeks of paid paternity leave (and has two weeks of vacation saved up), so all three of us will be home together for most of the summer.  It's only been a week, but it makes me happy to know that I don't have to do this alone anytime soon.

The dish garden on the right is from my parents.  They are so good to us and, even though I do not have a green thumb, it is so nice to have plants around the house.

Keith and I are so blessed to be surrounded by such generous & thoughtful people.  We can't thank everyone enough for what we have been given, especially love and support.

No comments: