Monday, June 1, 2009

A Weekend to Remember

Memorial Day weekend was an awesome one for Keith and me.  We were not only blessed with another baby shower, but we both had family that traveled long distances to be with us. I was also able to see friends of mine that I hadn't seen in a long time and we were given so many wonderful gifts that, even now, we are still sorting through everything.

On Friday after work, Keith and I headed to Richmond. Keith's mom, aunt and cousin all traveled from the Pittsburgh area and we were able to visit with them for a few hours at my parents' house that evening.  We were also able to visit with my parents, siblings and their families.  It was a lot of fun (at least for us; my sisters, sister-in-law, and mom were extremely busy preparing for the baby shower that was happening on Saturday).

On Saturday, my family members (including my dad & brother) were up super early (at 6am!) to decorate and setup for the baby shower.  The shower started at 10am so they had to get everything done early.  They did a REMARKABLE job!  The room was decorated so nicely, the theme (wagons) was awesome, and the food was delicious!!  Keith and I are so blessed to have my wonderful family members who are always going above and beyond to do nice things for us.
 
In addition to all of the great gifts that we received, there were two additional awesome things that our hostesses did to help us out.  They asked each shower guest to bring a book instead of a card, so that we could get a jumpstart on building Jacob's book collection.  And, they asked each guest to bring a pack of diapers to get us started in that department.  We received A LOT of great books, and amazingly we only received one duplicate!  It is so cool to see all of the books on the bookshelf in Jacob's room (pictures of the nursery will come soon in another post). You'll see from the photo below (and some additional photos that I add to the next post) that we received a boat-load of diapers.  I said that I was going to add them all up (and I still may just to see the monstrosity of it all!) to see what the grand total was.  Amazing!!!

After the shower (and for the rest of the weekend), we enjoyed spending time with my family members that traveled from the Rochester, NY area to be with us.  My grandma, three aunts, two uncles, and three cousins all made the 9+ hour car ride to be there for us.  We cannot thank them enough!!!

We also cannot put into words the graditude that we have for my mom, sisters Katie & Karen, and my sister-in-law Blakely, who put so much time, energy and money into making this shower a huge success!  We were truly amazed at the creativity, imagination and energy that was put into this event.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  You all mean so much to us and I can't wait for Jacob to meet his loving family members!

Here are some pictures from the event:

Katie, me, Karen & Blakely - loving sisters
Me with Keith's Mom (middle) and my Mom (right)
The cutest favors - they had wagons on the front and had jelly beans inside
All of the diapers we received
Blakely made these centerpiece diaper cakes and Karen made the wagon toppers - so cute!!
Blakely made this cake in a wagon. Isn't it amazing?
Keith came by to help me open gifts

Here we are looking at two of the books we received

Like I said, we are still going through a lot of things and need to get everything set before Jacob arrives.  My grandma spent the night at our house on the Sunday night after the shower and, on Monday, she helped me go through all of the gifts that we received. I have pictures of that event and will post them as soon as I can.  I also have pictures of the nursery that I want to post, so stay tuned.....so much to do and so little time.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

The cake looks adorable! And you'll be surprised how quickly little Jacob will go through that huge pile of diapers... ;-)