Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Fun with our Families!

Since I didn't do a post after our trip to visit with my family two weekends ago, I thought I would combine both family visits together and post some pictures of our visits.

The weekend of Feb. 8th & 9th, Keith and I drove together with Katie, Shaun and Pierce to Raleigh for a "Stank Family Reunion" (which doesn't happen very often these days!) It was my "baby" brother Mike's 24th birthday and an awesome occasion for us all to get together. It was a short visit - down on Friday after work and back up Saturday evening. But, we had a lot of fun and laughter while we were together. Here are some fun pics from that visit:

Shaun was throwing Pierce in the air and I happened to get this great "action" photo!
Pierce and Uncle Keith hanging out on the air mattress in the morning.
Happy Birthday to Mike!!
Pierce took his first "ride" on a slide. He was a bit afraid, but never cried! Wheeee!
Mike and Brian got in on the swing action at the park.
Pierce was having fun at the park - it helped that the weather was beautiful - close to 70!!
Grandpa and Pierce were reading stories.


This past weekend, Keith and I took a few vacation days (Thursday & Friday) and made a trip to western PA to visit his family. Because of our crazy schedule around Christmas and New Years, this was the first opportunity his family had to all get together. His aunt even left her Christmas tree and decorations up for us since we weren't able to see them back in Dec/Jan. We had a wonderful time staying with his aunt and uncle Wednesday-Friday nights. We all went out to dinner for Valentine's day and his aunt and uncle are such wonderful hosts - they are so accommodating and generous and they always have a TON of food for us (see my previous post about that! haha). We were able to take long walks both Thursday and Friday along two different hiking/biking trails near their house (which is also the house Keith grew up in so there are lots of memories around that area for him). They had gotten 5-6 inches of snow just a few days before we arrived, so we were able to "enjoy" the snow and cooler temperatures, although it wasn't too cold. On Saturday, we all went to his cousin's house for a big family dinner and a fun night of playing games. Keith and I stayed overnight there on Saturday night and his cousin and her husband were gracious enough to let us stay in their bed, while they slept on the living room floor (they are too kind!!). All in all, we had a GREAT time and it was really nice to see everyone again. We don't get to see them all very often so times like these are really great!

I didn't take as many pictures as I should have from the visit, but here are a few:

Keith's uncle Barry and I were making salad for dinner on Friday night
Keith and his mom posing in front of the Christmas tree
Keith and me in front of the tree
Keith and me after one of our walks through the snow. It was really sunny and fairly warm.

No comments: