Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Weight Watchers Update - Week #4

I went to my WW meeting last night and was happy to learn that I had lost 3.6 more lbs. That brings my total weight loss to 8.8 lbs in four weeks! I am really happy with my progress so far although it hasn't been easy!

I was very surprised that I lost as much as I did because I was not as good last week and we ate out both Saturday and Sunday. We went to The Twisted Fork in Raleigh on Saturday night for Mike's birthday (and I had a piece of Blakely's cake for dessert!). Then, Keith and I went out Sunday night to The Bonefish Grill for an early Valentine's Day dinner. The food was so good (I would DEFINITELY recommend it!) and although I had a pretty healthy entree (shrimp & scallops with steamed veggies), we also had appetizers that were fried, bread with olive oil dipping sauce, and a brownie/vanilla ice cream dessert. I tried to not eat "too much" of the bad stuff, but I didn't want to deprive myself of all of it. Thankfully, it didn't completely sabotage my weight loss and I was able to enjoy some really tasty food!

This week is going to be challenging because we are going up to PA to visit Keith's family tomorrow and will be there for four days. It is always hard to eat right when you are not "in charge" of the food that is being served to you. I am certainly not complaining about Keith's aunt and uncle's cooking - in fact, the opposite! They always have WAY too much food for us and it's hard to turn it down for fear of offending them (and it is always very yummy food too). Hopefully I can tell them about my weight loss so far and explain my goals and that will make it easier for me to keep away from the fattening stuff. It will also take willpower to choose the "good" stuff so please keep me in your thoughts!

I will post another update next Monday after my weigh-in and hopefully I'll continue to have good news! It helps me to know that I have so many people cheering me on. I feel very accountable and I want to succeed! Thank you for reading my blog and for helping me in this journey!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it! I think telling the family the goals is a good idea. Then they will understand why you are eating or not eating as you are.

I had the same issues last weekend when Rich's Dad was here. My weigh in is tomorrow! We'll see.

Safe travels.
love,aunt sharon

Katie said...

Way to go, Kirst! We're definitely cheering you on and know that you can do it!
Love you!!

Mike said...

Keep it going... Only 29 weeks until our wedding!!!!!! :)

Have fun in PA!

Love you guys.

Niffer said...

Woohoo! Good job!