Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Not surprised

I had a bit of a set-back on the scale at my WW meeting last night - I was up 1.2 lbs! I can honestly say it was not really a surprise though after the way that I ate this past week - I was good until we left for PA on Wednesday and then it was all downhill from there! I certainly ate a lot less than I normally would have on a trip like that, but it was still WAY too much. Also, I know that when I don't track what I am eating, it tends to get out of control (or simply I think I am eating less than I really am). I was secretly hoping that my workout & good eating habits yesterday would completely erase all of the bad stuff that I did the five days before that, but of course, that is just not reality!

The breakdown in my eating all started when we stopped at The Olive Garden in Winchester, VA on our way up. It's one of our favorite restaurants (and we had a giftcard which makes it even better!!) I knew what I should have ordered, but of course that Steak Gorgonzola Alfredo was calling my name!! (And boy did it taste good!! So good that I ate the entire thing!!!)

During the next few days, I actually did have some willpower at breakfast and throughout the day by not eating the donuts and sweets that Keith's aunt had (she had SO much food!), but I was not-so-good when it came to dinnertime. We had spaghetti casserole on Friday night at his aunt's house and lasagna at his cousin's house on Saturday night. Also, I had a piece of cake on Thursday night in honor of Valentine's day and a piece of peanut butter pie on Saturday night. Geez, now that I am remembering all of the food that I ate, it's a miracle that I only gained a little over a pound!!

Oh well, I need to put this week behind me and move on. I know that I am going to have times like these where I gain weight solely based on the decisions I make regarding eating and exercise (or lack thereof). I know that I can move past this and do better this week. I'm hoping that next Monday night, I will have lost that 1.2 lbs plus some! Only time will tell......

2 comments:

Mike said...

I guess you can afford to be bad as long as you'll combat it with being EXTRA good. That's the goal for this week... be so good that you're back on track!

GOOD LUCK! :)

See you Friday.

Love you both.

Karen said...

We seem to have this backward...how about you lose the weight and I will find it and pick it up!

Sounds like you had fun in PA!
Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Love you guys,
Karen :)