Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Karen/Sierra Update

We don't have much information but this is what we know so far:

Karen and Brian went back to the Birthing Center at 5pm because Karen was contracting every 1-2 minutes for about 2.5 hours - my mom went with them for support.

Mom just called and said that she is only 2 cm dialated.

They have transferred her from the Birthing Center to the Labor & Deliver floor of the hospital because she is not dialating.

They are now going to break her water and see what happens in the next 2 hours.

We'll know more at that time. Katie, Pierce and I are heading over to the hospital now. I am taking my computer with me so I will try and update when I can.

Thank you for all of your continued loving thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

continued thanks for the updates! i know this is not what Karen & Brian wanted, but In his mind a man plans his course, but the LORD directs his steps. The Lord is is charge!

Breaking her water should cause some action and perhaps fast and furious!

A healthy baby and mama are all that matters in the grand scheme of things.

Karen & Sierra are in my continued prayers.

Hoping you are all hanging in there ok also.

love,aunt sharon

LiLi said...

all I can say is ditto to aunt Sharon... and I wish someone had said those words to me! I'm stopping to pray now. Thanks for the update!

JRob said...

I am so thankful that you are giving updates! I have been sitting on my hands all day to not call, because I know that if I was Karen that I prob would not want to talk on the phone... but I have been thinking of her LOTS! I appreciate the updates, I will keep checking back!

Anonymous said...

I am waiting for the good news that Sierra had finally decided its her moment to shine...give Momma,Daddy, and Sierra a kiss for me let them know that we are all praying for them !!! Let me know when Sierra has arrived...Thanks