Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Prayers Needed

Today was a pretty crappy day with bad news coming from every direction. Please keep the following people in your thoughts and prayers:

1. My mother-in-law Marge....she had a full body scan and a mammogram done yesterday and today to determine if she has cancer and if so, where it is located. She was supposed to get the results on Monday but the oncologist's nurse called and rescheduled it for Thursday (in two days). Of course, this doesn't sound good!! Please also pray for Keith - with him being an only child, this all falls on him with not many people to help him. It's a lot to take on, but he is trying to be strong.

2. My friend Holly Smith and her family....Holly's dad, Hubie Register, died yesterday. He was 67 years old. He died of cancer that came on very suddenly. I did not know Hubie very well but the times I did spend with him, I could tell he was a very genuine and caring person. He was very outgoing and had a great sense of humor. He and Holly were very close and I am extremely sad for my good friend.

3. Wyatt Pickwell.....he is the 10 month old son of Jeremy & Jennifer who are friends of my sister Karen. (Jeremy sang in her wedding, for those of you who were there.) According to what Karen knows, little Wyatt was med-flighted to a hospital in Fairfax, VA yesterday because he was having seizures. Apparently, the doctors were able to get the seizures under control but he is going to remain in the hospital for observation and testing so they can find out what is causing the seizures. Wyatt is a very cute and special child and his parents are wonderful people. I hope that he is going to be alright.

1 comment:

LiLi said...

Gracious, it was a rough day!!! :( love you!!!