Monday, April 7, 2008

"Patiently" waiting....

We are all patiently (ok, really more like impatiently!) waiting for Sierra Miller to make her grand entrance in this world. Apparently the girl is wise beyond her years already and she knows that staying in the warmth of her mommy's tummy is better than being in this cold, damp almost-Spring weather that we are having here in Virginia!! :-)

Yesterday we woke up to a text message from Karen saying that she was having cramping and some blood and she thought the baby might be coming sometime during the day. Yippee! I was so excited to finally meet our family's newest addition!

Keith left to go to a library conference in DC in the morning so I finished up some house cleaning, took a shower, packed a bag and headed to Katie and Shaun's house. Since Keith was going to be away I had planned on spending some time yesterday with them and Katie agreed to go to some Open Houses with me. The whole time we were looking at the houses, I think both of us were thinking, "When is the call from Karen going to come?!" We were all packed a ready and being very impatient!

I sent Karen a text message in the late afternoon when we got back from our house expedition and she said "Still nothing". I feel really bad for her and Brian because I know that they are SO ready to have little Sierra arrive. I know that as much as we are all anticipating her arrival, Karen is hoping for it 100 times more! (And she also has the cramping and all to deal with!!)

I want to take this time to say how proud I am of Karen and all that she has gone through with this pregnancy. She has been a trouper through all the sickness and such that has occurred. I know that she and Brian are going to be great parents!

No comments: